Friday, November 11, 2011

New, Old Watercolor

Eugenia--Watercolor







While decorating my bedroom, I channeled an eclectic art deco vibe, rich with jewel tones and vintage magazine cover prints. I wanted my bedroom to be timeless, like a snapshot from any point in the 20th or 21st centuries, as if the occupant brings back tokens from her frequent travels. I tried to integrate original work that had a golden, rich tone to evoke the visual and cultural richness of a different era; I wanted something that appeared as though it could have been picked up at a flea market along the way. I toyed with a few different watercolors, but in the end I settled on this watercolor illustration. I like to pretend it is a portrait done on the fly in the 1920's by a young artist, looking to catch the eye of a  potential benefactor who wore a long string of jade beads.


Framed Prints, Record Player, and Candles in my Bedroom

No comments:

Post a Comment