Friday, May 18, 2012

Cake stands

I've been making cake stands for gifts for a while now. I like girly, vintage plates in pinks and soft greens. I've found a few awesomely odd floral scenes that have been turned into pretty funky pieces. I started making these stands because I always felt sad when I'd find a lovely plate or goblet at a thrift, vintage, or resale shop. I'd think, "Who is going to buy just one?" or, "I want to buy this. But I can't start buying all the pretty dishes I see or else I'll be on Hoarders." So, I started collecting for the purpose of gifting. They are now for sale via commission or at Cleveland's Salty not Sweet boutique. True to my word, I do have a stack or two of pretty plates, but I turn them into cake stands pretty quickly, ensuring I don't become a true cat lady.

Some aren't as much "cake" stands, as they are pretty containers for bracelets or necklaces on a dresser. I also like to construct tiered candy/cookie/cupcake plates.




No comments:

Post a Comment