Saturday, May 12, 2012

Perfume Bottles

I've been sketching a lot of perfume bottles. My inclination to draw them reminds me of my favorite thing to draw when I was in kindergarten through first or second grade. Hold on to your hats....I used to love to draw clowns. In fact, because I was always drawing little clown figures, all the adults in my life assumed that I loved clowns and started buying me clown figurines and dolls. This is the confession that really freaks out people: not only did I draw clowns all the time, but I also had a quite extensive clown collection. While I do understand the public's great fear of clowns, I've never found them frightening. The exception being that clown from Poltergeist, but I felt better after stomping on my clown that looked like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment